In 1891 Richard E. McIlvaine established residence on Blanco Road. He operated a saloon at 254 W. Commerce St. (Site of City Hall). He was married to Caroline Echtel. Together they had three daughters Lena, Eulauh, and Gracie. Mr. McIlvaine began acquired approximately 250 acres in the area that is now known as the Beacon Hill and the Los Angeles Heights subdivisions. In 1962, 0.8 acres was deeded to the Oblate Missionaries, who constructed a 20,000 square foot office building on the southeast portion of the property at Blanco Road and San Francisco.